MOPAN strives to keep its assessments as relevant and robust as possible over time. The Network is engaged in a cycle of continuous improvement of the assessment methodology through its Technical Working Group. Based on a proposal from this group, the latest methodology revisions plan was endorsed by the MOPAN Steering Committee on 25 April 2018.
Five areas have been identified for revising the methodology:
- Improving the collection of external stakeholders views, including at country level, in relation to the performance of the organisation assessed;
- Strengthening the assessment of results while keeping it on the basis of secondary data;
- Aligning to the Agenda 2030;
- Integrating ethical safeguards;
- Differentiating the MOPAN approach to different types of organisations.