MOPAN strives to keep its assessments as relevant and robust as possible over time. The Network is engaged in a cycle of continuous improvement of the assessment methodology through its Technical Working Group.
The areas identified for revising the methodology in 2019 are:
- Aligning to the 2030 Agenda on sustainable development;
- Integrating safeguards against sexual exploitation and abuse, and sexual harassment;
- Integrating monitoring of progress on UN reforms;
- Reviewing the assessment of results;
- Differentiating the MOPAN approach.