In 2017, the Network members are: Australia, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Republic of Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United States of America.
All 18 MOPAN members contribute 95% of the Official Development Assistance (DAC) to and through the multilateral system, i.e. 53bn USD (based on 2015 figures).
What is the added value of being a MOPAN member?
The incentives and added value of being a Network member include the opportunities to:
• Take part in a community of practice and share experiences with other countries that contribute multilateral aid.
• Strengthen the relationship with multilateral organisations by leading assessments.
• Improve internal knowledge about the organisations by engaging in the assessment process.
• Influence the future direction of MOPAN, including which multilateral organisations and what topics to assess and how.
• Implement policy commitments on aid and effectiveness to reduce burden and duplication through joint assessments.